Two Decades of Experience
Bob Cecil has spent more than two decades helping clients transform their organizations and operations. With a primary focus on general and administrative processes, Bob has helped companies realign structure, governance and management processes; establish shared service centers; evaluate and transition services to outsourcing arrangements; plan and transition processes to offshore centers; re-engineer administrative business processes, and reduce overall cost structure and spend on goods and services.
Bob is executive director of EquaTerra’s Business and Financial Processes Advisory Services, which includes the multifunction, finance and accounting (F&A), supply chain/procurement, customer care, facilities management and real estate, and other knowledge-based outsourcing or internal service delivery transformation engagements. He is also a member of the company’s executive team.
Bob has been an account executive on many of EquaTerra’s large multifunction and F&A engagements. He has:
- Provided account leadership for one of the world’s largest food companies as it progressively built out a North America shared services capability and extended the success globally
- Led the $3 billion total contract value outsourcing transaction of TXU’s finance, HR, IT, procurement and billing and customer care processes
- Provided account leadership support for a major telecommunications company’s $40 million F&A outsourcing transaction covering more than 60 countries on all major continents
- Provided account leadership support for a major automobile parts manufacturer’s $30 million F&A outsourcing transaction for North America and France
Bob’s clients have included 3M, Bristol-Myers Squibb, BP, CNA, Colgate, Dun & Bradstreet, Federal-Mogul, General Mills, General Motors, Hewlett-Packard, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Marriott, Nestle, Pfizer, Tupperware, TXU and Siemens.
He is a regular contributor to several leading financial publications, including Financial Executive, Strategic Finance, FAO Today, Business Finance, CFO Magazine and Offshore Business Sourcing. He was a contributing author to the 2007 IHRIM book, Common Cause: Shared Services for Human Resources. He has spoken about shared services and outsourcing topics for the Conference Board, Institutional Investor, ICM, IDC, Sourcing Interest Group, and IQPC. He is a member of the Advisory Board of Shared Services News of the Shared Services and Outsourcing Network.
General and administrative functional improvement
Facilities management & real estate
- Former vice president at Exult and served its management consulting division, Gunn Partners, in a variety of leadership positions
- B.S. degree in industrial engineering from Purdue University and an M.B.A. degree with distinction in finance and strategic planning from the University of Michigan